Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Making Rose Water


I have been using rose water in a lot of cakes lately because I love the smell.   And roses signify lasting friendships and relationships so the flavor is the perfect addition to all of the upcoming showers and weddings.


Not sure how to use rose water?  Use it in any recipe that calls for vanilla extract.  Just swap out the vanilla and replace it with the same amount of rose water.  I also love rose water as a tea.  And you can use rose water as a facial toner or spray it on as a perfume in the summer.

You can buy rose water but I find it so much more fun to make my own.  Just be sure that you are using pesticide-free roses!

Rose Water

Place your roses in a glass jar. 
Cover the roses with 2 cups boiling water.
Cover the jar and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
Strain the mixture into a clean jar.
Store the sealed jar in the fridge for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment